I would venture to say, there is  a lot less heartache in external
modems(Parrallel that is, not USB) then any internal.  Some ISA's will work
flwalessy, some wont.  There are  a few PCI's that work, I believe one of
them is a USR.

However, if hes giving you access through his lan, you will be better off
speed wise  8^), otherwise I suggest picking up an external USR(Parrallel)
modem for about $80.

On Tuesday 27 November 2001 03:58, you were heard blurting out:

--
  Bill Day ( a.k.a. BadMan )            188133 http://counter.li.org
  irc.openprojects.net                  #linux-users ( Open 24/7 )

                 http://www.daysdomain.com/tribute.html

  5:30am  up 117 days, 20:01, 19 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00