On Tue, 27 Nov 2001 08:14:57 -0600 "Richard R. Sivernell"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Nov 2001 19:21:53 -0700
> Collins Richey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> *have*
> would

> > > Have had good luck with Canon S400 Bubble Jet. Good printer and
> > > CHEAP!
> > >

> > I don't know about the newer Canon BJs, but the older ones took
> > forever to power on and off - requiring massive cleaning each way.
> > have a Lexmark Z53 on my Winders PC now, at it's great.  I'm using
> > Laserjet 100 on Linux, since I don't really care about color.
> >
> > --
> > Collins Richey
> > Denver Area
> > gentoo_rc6 k2.4.15-pre5+ext3+xfce+sylpheed+galeon
>

> Collins
>
> using a HP2000Cxi and Cups to a windows machine for printing, does
> that help.
> cheers

I used to do that all the time, when my laserjet was on the Winders
machine, but since I bought a faster color printer for the wife and
moved the laserject to my box, I don't need to do that.  Also, I
changed from a LAN driven by the Winders box to a NetGear router, so I
haven't bothered to check out the changes to make the printers on each
box available remotely.  If I every need to do color printing from
Linux, I'll worry about it then.  Besides I would need to change
things on the Winders box, and I hate that.