"Richard R. Sivernell" wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Nov 2001 19:21:53 -0700
> Collins Richey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > Have had good luck with Canon S400 Bubble Jet. Good printer and
> > > CHEAP!
> > >

> > I don't know about the newer Canon BJs, but the older ones took
> > forever to power on and off - requiring massive cleaning each way.  I
> > have a Lexmark Z53 on my Winders PC now, at it's great.  I'm using a
> > Laserjet 100 on Linux, since I don't really care about color.

For black and white stuff I use a HP 500, cheap, almost universal, and reliable.
For color the Canon S400. It sells for around $80 and uses four cartridges. One
for black, three for the standard colors. Makes it kind of nice if one color
runs out you don't have pitch out all the cartridges, just replace the one that
run out of ink. Cheaper that way (some ink cartridges cost almost as much as my
HP500. Also, Canon wisely concluded that the average uses more BW than color and
made the black ink cartridge three times larger than the color carts.