On Tue, 27 Nov 2001 16:24:54 -0700
Collins Richey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Nov 2001 08:14:57 -0600 "Richard R. Sivernell"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 26 Nov 2001 19:21:53 -0700
> > Collins Richey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > *have*
> > would

> > > I don't know about the newer Canon BJs, but the older ones took
> > > forever to power on and off - requiring massive cleaning each way.
> > > have a Lexmark Z53 on my Winders PC now, at it's great.  I'm using
> > > Laserjet 100 on Linux, since I don't really care about color.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Collins Richey
> > > Denver Area
> > > gentoo_rc6 k2.4.15-pre5+ext3+xfce+sylpheed+galeon
> >

> > Collins
> >
> > using a HP2000Cxi and Cups to a windows machine for printing, does
> > that help.
> > cheers
> >

> I used to do that all the time, when my laserjet was on the Winders
> machine, but since I bought a faster color printer for the wife and
> moved the laserject to my box, I don't need to do that.  Also, I
> changed from a LAN driven by the Winders box to a NetGear router, so I
> haven't bothered to check out the changes to make the printers on each
> box available remotely.  If I every need to do color printing from
> Linux, I'll worry about it then.  Besides I would need to change
> things on the Winders box, and I hate that.
>
> --
> Collins Richey
> Denver Area
> gentoo_rc6 k2.4.15-pre5+ext3+xfce+sylpheed+galeon

Collins

please look at Cups, it should use samba to your print server. my pserver is my wife's
NT box. I do have a netgear server box on the lan. Cups says it should be able to use
it.
My wife's nt box is connected to it and should still be able to use winders to set
printing.
Let you know more in the next week.

Cheers

--