Kaixo!

On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 10:11:34AM +0900, Tomohiro KUBOTA wrote:

> Note for xkb experts who don't know Hiragana/Katakana/Hangul:
> input methods of these scripts need backtracking.  For example,
> in Hangul, imagine I hit keys in the c-v-c-v (c: consonant,
> v: vowel) sequence.  When I hit c-v-c, it should represent one
> Hangul syllable "c-v-c".  However, when I hit the next v, it
> should be two Hangul syllables of "c-v c-v".

That is only the case with 2-mode keyboard; with 3-mode keyboard there
is no ambiguity, as there are three groups of keys V, C1, C2; allowing
for all the possible combinations: V-C2, C1-V-C2. Eg: there are two keys
for each consoun: one for the leading syllab consoun, and one for the
ending syllab consoun. (I think the small round glyph to fill an empty
place in a syllab is always at place C2, that is, c-v is always written
C1-V-C2 with a special C2 that is not written in latin transliteration)

> In Hiragana/Katakana, processing of "n" is complex (though
> it may be less complex than Hangul).

No. The "N" is just a kana like any other, no complexity at all involved.
Complexity only happens when typing in latin letters. That is why
the use of transliteration typing will always require an input
method anyways, it cannot be handled with just Xkb.

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://www.srtxg.easynet.be/            PGP Key available, key ID: 0x8F0E4975