Hi,

At Mon, 6 May 2002 07:46:33 +0200,
Pablo Saratxaga wrote:

> > In Hiragana/Katakana, processing of "n" is complex (though
> > it may be less complex than Hangul).
>
> No. The "N" is just a kana like any other, no complexity at all involved.
> Complexity only happens when typing in latin letters. That is why
> the use of transliteration typing will always require an input
> method anyways, it cannot be handled with just Xkb.

In my above sentence, "n" is a Latin letter.  It may correspond to
HIRAGATA/KATAKANA LETTER N *or* 1st key stroke to n-a, n-i, n-u, n-e,
n-o, n-y-a, n-y-u, or n-y-o.  (Key strokes of n-y-a should give
HIRAGANA/KATAKANA LETTER NI and following HIRAGANA/KATAKANA LETTER
SMALL YA.)

Anyway, I understand your point that Latin -> Hiragana/Katakana
cannot be implemented as xkb.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/