2009/1/1 Kenneth Gonsalves <law...@au-kbc.org>:
> because there is a dispute about the meaning of the terms. There is no dispute
> about the meaning of the terms 'commercial' and 'proprietary'.

If it were that simple RMS would not have to maintain this.
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#Commercial

"In the first decade of the free software movement, free software
packages were almost always noncommercial; the components of the
GNU/Linux operating system were developed by individuals or by
nonprofit organizations such as the FSF and universities. Later, in
the 90s, free commercial software started to appear."
--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
(as seen on /.)