Hi Miroslav,
Thanks!
In my understanding of "Time Aware Bridge", it doesn't correct/adjust/tune the
PHC. Is that not correct?

Nemo

    On Monday, 6 February, 2023 at 11:01:51 am GMT-5, Miroslav Lichvar
<mlich...@redhat.com> wrote:

 On Mon, Feb 06, 2023 at 03:21:25PM +0000, Nemo Crypto wrote:
> Hi Linuxptp-users,
> I am using gPTP 802.1AS profile for my network. My simplified network
> topology looks like this,
> TimeLeader --> Eth Switch (802.1as Time Aware Bridge)-->Processor
> (BC?)--->TimeFollower
> In the above topology, The processor runs linuxptp (ptp4l & phc2sys) has 2
> interfaces. One interface should act as 802.1AS TimeFollower and other should
> act as 802.1AS TimeLeader. I know that IEEE1588 BoundaryClock has this
> feature. But I am not sure if 802.1AS (gPTP) has similar feature.
>
> Can you please share me details? If this is supported by LinuxPTP, can you
> please help me how would the configuration file look like?

IIRC gPTP has time-aware bridges which are equivalent to PTP boundary
clocks. ptp4l as a boundary clock doesn't require any special
configuration. For a gPTP example see configs/gPTP.cfg in the linuxptp
tarball/repository.

If your interfaces don't share a PTP clock, you will need to enable
the boundary_clock_jbod option and run phc2sys to keep the two PHCs
synchronized. However, that might not meet the gPTP requirements on
accuracy.

--
Miroslav Lichvar