John B. Reynolds wrote:

>5.11.  The "Fair Hearing" provisions of Sections 5.8, 5.10, and 5.11 make it
>possible for any special interest or special interest group to delay almost
>indefinitely any policy that they disagree with.

I don't see this. Especially not the "indefinitely" part. I think it
works this way: you state your problem, you propose new language that
would solve your problem, the committee either adopts your language or
holds a hearing for you. After the hearing, the committee either amends
its proposal or moves on. No can block the process indefinitely.

> Section 5.9 goes even
>further.  It elevates the particular special interest group of registries
>above all others by giving it veto power and by requiring an essentially
>unachievable 3/4 supermajority of registries for approval.

I think the modified Section 5.9 proposed by the Association of Internet
Professionals and NSI (see the AIP's letter of support and its "Joint
Appendix") solves your concern.

     -- Bret