Roeland, Stef and all,

Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:

> >Roeland Meyer replied:
> >
> >>Okay, I'm going from memory here, as I don't have time to look it up right
> >>now.
> >

> >Roeland, please take the time.....*LOOK* it up.  I could be mistaken but I
> >really don't think that I am.
> >
> >This is a "no cost" contract meaning that the US GOV'T does NOT pay.  ICANN
> >DOES.  IS MORGAN HILL ready to provide these services to the Internet and
> >the US government at no cost to the gov't?  IE pay for them yourself?  If
> >so great...onward.
>
> Yep, I looked (I said I would). Yes, you are correct wrt "no cost", that
> was different from the original. This is also no longer the TNT project.
> However, why do you think the ICANN is starting to talk about fees and
> taxes? They need a revenue stream to pay for this. MHSC is looking at the
> same thing. The differences are that the ICANN is as transparent as
> Mississippi mud. MHSC wants to carry the ORSC guidon. Why do you think we
> are talking to VC?

  Whom might VC be Roeland?

  From several private exchanges with Stef, as you are likely aware of,
ORSC according to Stef, is not in a position to DO anything. I believe that
you had spoken to me about this on the phone at some point about
three weeks or so ago about.  So, again it seems that Stef (ORSC?)
is still sitting on the fence as you had mentioned to me on the phone about
Roeland.  IN the interest of transparency, I am stating this bluntly, no
negative assertion is intended towards ORSC here.