On Fri, 21 May 1999, Amadeu Abril i Abril wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The Registrar (proto)Consituency will be meting next Tuesday 24 from 8:45am to
> 12:00 (local Berln time) at the Adlon Hotel, Linden Rooom (Lindenzimmer).
>
> We will be discussing the Consituency charter and strategy, as wel as other
> vusiness of tierest.
>
> Hope to see interested arites there.
>
> Amadeu
>
> PS: as yu know, current proposal defines inital consituency members as
> ICANN-accredited registrars only. Ohter wouldbe members, and among them
> ccTLD-only, non-ICANN-accredited registrars are welcome on an observer,
> non-voting basis, at least for the moemnt being, even if thsi is one of the
> issues that will be discussed there.

I was going to write that this is a typical Amadeu, a most shameless
attempt at capturing the constituency, but I shall leave it to Ms Dyson by
way of a message forwarded to the IFWP list which makes it very clear that
*ANYONE* can sit in *ANY* room *AND* vote on *ANYTHING*.

In other words, if I can manage to get my grand aunt (quite hard of
hearing and has no idea what the Internet is) to come there and raiser her
hands against any proposal advanced by Amadeu, there is not a thing in the
world he can do about it, other then voting in favour.

I do not agree with this, personally, as commercial domain holders have
noting to do in a non commercial domain constituency, and in particular do
lobbyist fronts for commerce  such as ISOC and ETSI have NOTHING to do
there, nor should Registries have any business in the Registrar
constituency and so on. And Jeff the Man and Willie the Whiner should be
sent out to the playground where they belong. If they turned up. If they
existed.

But who will make these decisions?

So we really only have one choice, let everyone in everywhere, but only
against credentials issued by the event organizers, which in turn must do
that only against proof of identity.

Then all votes must be recorded against the names so when the courts
eventually sort it out, there will be less chaos.

In fact this is great stuff, as all the work that has been put into
defining constituencies over the last two years has just been declared
null and void with the stroke of a feather by the esteemend Ms Shaffer Van
Houveling and Ms Dyson, in favour of a free for all!

Boy, do I am sorry I can't be there :-)-O

greetings, el