Gee, Jay, I wore a gray ribbon the whole time in Berlin.

The MAC (with Berkman research support) voted to recommend that *all* meetings of
the ICANN at-large membership meetings be open to the general public as well as to
the membership.  Only two of us on the MAC demanded open meetings when the committee
first got underway, but by the end of the project, we had near unanimity on this
point and by then were holding our own meetings in the open as well.  Working on the
MAC allowed us to spread that word beyond this listserv and the results were good.

Lessig is part of Berkman but other faculty may have differing views and not all of
them get the kind of press that Larry does or even feel that the media is the best
place to influence policy.  You will not find Berkman (or any other division of
Harvard) claiming to represent the political opinions of its personnel; those
opinions are personal, not institutional.  It may take a position on legal issues,
but not on politics.

My recent criticism of particular ICANN decisions has been reported in the press,
but it has obviously escaped your notice.  Dad blinked and missed it too, though.

Diane Cabell
Berkman Fellow
HLS

--