Chuck and all,

  I don't believe that John really means that, but I do believe that ICANN
does in many situations or ICANN wishes to FORCE NSI and other
root operators into a contractual agreement in which there is no
negotiational flexibility, which is contract to standard practice in these
sorts of circumstances, and is in effect mandating a business model
structure.  This is also not to mention that ICANN is doing so without
the mandate of the stakeholder community to a very large degree,
and in violation of the precepts of the White Paper.

  I believe this is commonly known as prima fascia evidence of
anti trust and even possibly conspiracy to commit fraud.

  I for one hope that NSI and no ISP or other root server operator
or other root server structure signs such an agreement.