All,

  One may want to take into account that Mr. Walsh has on many occasions
made unsubstantiated false claims towards Mr. Sondow.  As he has
done on many other occasions on various mailing lists towards others.
As such, it might be of reasonable interest to consider such remarks
in this post from Mr. Walsh in that light...

William X. Walsh wrote:

Tuesday, July 20, 1999, 1:46:23 PM, Michael Sondow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Joop Teernstra wrote:
>>
>> Ellen Rony wrote:
>>
>> >Economies don't vote.  Individuals do.
>> >
>> >MAC presented ICANN with an unworkable solution--a membership too grand and
>> >vague to be authenticated without great cost.
>> >
>> >ICANN is tasked to administer names and addresses.  Its stakeholders are
>> >those who have names and addresses or provide infrastructure and services
>> >related to same.  In order to have an IP address or register a domain name,
>> >one must have access to computer hardware and connectivity.  Those who can
>> >afford such access most likely can afford a nominal membership fee.  Those
>> >who cannot, probably likewise do not care about these complex, convoluted
>> >technical issues.

> <snip>

>> This was also the concept of my model for NewCo membership.
>> I agree with Ellen, that there is much merit in the idea of limiting ICANN
>> membership to the assigned name and number stakeholders.

> Do you, Joop? Then why didn't you support the ICIIU criterion for
> DNSO membership (reproduced below) when it was proposed, instead of
> opposing it as you did? Was it because you wanted to split the user
> opposition to ICANN, so that you could take away potential
> supporters of the ICIIU and form your IDNO? Now that you've done
> that, you claim the ICIIU's proposals as your own. Is that honest?

> Proposal:

> DNSO membership is open to any person who is the registrant of a
> second level domain name under the generic TLDs, or of a third level
> domain name under a ccTLD whose second level domains are generic; or
> any person directly delegated to represent such a person.

Nice editing job Michael.

Also, your definition is WAY overly restrictive.  The IDNO has adopted
a broader, and more fair definition of a domain name owner, and it
does not resemble the above.

Flatly, your allegation in this email is wrong.

--
William X. Walsh
General Manager, DSo Internet Services

The Law is not your mommy or daddy to go crying
to every time you have something to whimper about.

-
This message was sent via the IDNO-DISCUSS mailing list. To unsubscribe,
send a message containing the line "unsubscribe idno-discuss" to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] For more information, see http://www.idno.org/

Remarks,

Contact Number:  972-447-1894