On 31-Jan-00 13:52:38 Petr.Krenzelok <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Excuse me folks, but is Minix 32 bit? If not, there would be a
> problem. Similar discussion was held re DOS ...

> -pekr-

http://www.cs.vu.nl/~ast/minix.html

MINIX has evolved over the years, so several versions exist. Two of these
are still current. The rest are obsolete. The current versions are:
       MINIX 2.0 (Intel CPUs from 8088 to Pentium)
       MINIX 1.5 (Intel, Macintosh, Amiga, Atari, SPARC)
This FAQ is for MINIX 2.0. There is also a MINIX 1.5 FAQ and a MacMINIX
FAQ. We would like to bring the 68000 and SPARC versions up to date
(i.e., to port MINIX 2.0 to these platforms). Volunteers should contact me
([EMAIL PROTECTED]).

MINIX 2.0 can be compiled in either 16-bit mode or 32-mode, depending on
compile time flags. For 32-bit mode, a 386, 486, or Pentium is required.

---

>From the MINIX 1.5 FAQ (Re: Amiga notes - for the Amiga fans here)

* A hard disk is not required (or even supported).

* Minix will NOT run on 68020 and larger Amiga systems.

---
*3 S.E.A.S - Virtual Interaction Configuration (VIC) - VISION OF VISIONS!*
   *~ ~ ~      Advancing How we Perceive and Use the Tool of Computers!*
Timothy Rue      What's *DONE* in all we do?  *AI PK OI IP OP SF IQ ID KE*
Email @ mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]      >INPUT->(Processing)->OUTPUT>v
Web @ http://www.mindspring.com/~timrue/  ^<--------<----9----<--------<
Search email/name @ http://www.dejanews.com for other puzzle parts/posts.