Susie Gardner-Brown wrote:

I'm mostly wanting to explain/show what can be done using CSS instead of actual images, so their design takes advantage of what CSS has to offer, and doesn't have to use graphic images to create the effect they want to achieve.

Dunno if that's any clearer ... <grin>

I know exactly what you mean, but I don't think there's a resource on the net that will help.

what you want is PSD's that allow for growth e.g backgrounds that are larger than the space they initially occupy.

navigation buttons that allow text to grow so the buttons can expand

etc.

I think you might get the best benefit from looking at animation tutorials - the old style Disney gel method, where the characters are placed on a background.

to me the one thing the GD's don't *get* about CSS is that you don't slice images to fit a grid any more, you arrange images and elements in layers, either side by side or in vertical stacks.

I'd try and explain this visually by printing various parts of the design out (switch off layers one by one) and then _show_ the GD's how you build up the page and why they need to think in backgrounds that grow, text that grows and so on.

I think once a GD *gets* the layers, they'll find Photoshop very accommodating.

but as you say, they hardest part is to get them to think like animators, not grid based print designers.