On 1/29/07, Jermayn Parker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
OK so how do we help the lecturers???
Is giving them links and offering services as a guest lecturer help? Would
not this undermind the old practices that they teach???

Port80/AWIA (http://www.port80.asn.au) is speaking with two TAFEs in
Perth about bringing the skills of their lecturers up to date -
recommendations for professional development and mentoring are two
things that have been suggested. It's early days yet, but I think it's
a great example of what can be done when organisations actually sit
down and talk to each other, and what we do will hopefully become a
model and case study for other states in Australia. We have a TAFE
lecturer who is heavily involved with course development on the
committee and she's leading the charge.

--
Kay Smoljak
business: www.cleverstarfish.com