On 07/02/07, liorean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Well, the thing with a separator is, it doesn't in itself specify
anything else than that the content on one side belongs does not
belong to the same grouping as the content on the other side.

Exactly

But if you instead mark up each grouping with the appropriate semantical
element, then you get the separation with the boundary.

I do question this. The boundary is void, nothing, whereas a specific
element denoting a separation of two different sections is itsself
part of the overall content.

Monty Python's Flying Circus would certainly miss something if the
words "And Now For Something Completely Different" did not exist.
This phrase is actually a separator, it has meaning. I think the same
applies to separators in markup.

Cheers,

jens
--