Sri,
I'll respond to the list with comments on damon henry's excellent points.

The Etek it self is the weakest of the pancake etek "type" motors and in fact
as Damon points out they can be easy for a novice to melt through too much
current abuse. Sri unspoken in my post is the fct that you will need a
programmable controller like the 450 amp Altrax used on El Ninja to keep the
abusive current levels in check.

It is absolutely true as Damon states and as I have posted before that the ADC
type series DC motors are much more bullit proof when it comes to the above 250
amps area. It really comes down to the larger thermal mass and its ability ot
dissipate heat.?

But the El Moto project proves that the old hot rod addage of vehicle weight
(the formula is pounds per horse power) is a critical factor in the power
needed to accellerate it quickly (my fun factor).

Sri, where will you be spending most of your?time speed wise? Near 50MPH wind
is a factor and Jeff's point about a fully faired 250cc sport bike is very
valid. I still would encourage you to seek out the very lightest rolling
chassis and build arround it is spirited performance is on your list of goals.

So how important is performance to you? How hilly is the terain in your area?
How agressive is the typical SUV driver behind you at a stop light? How tall
are you? Dirt bikes tend to make the inseam challenged amoung us nervous
because of their seat height. All things to think about before you make the
leap.

One final question for you to ask yourself. Which would you prefer to drive or
be seen driving, a small crotch rocket or a dirt bike? Choose the one that you
will want to ride. Our recommendations tend to be alighned with what we want to
ride. What you decide works for you may be different.

- Mike B
DEVC.