On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 06:51:15PM -0400, Kris Coward wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 12:21:03AM -0400, Ben Okopnik wrote:
> > Can't say I've ever been a fan of that kind of hardware; it seems like
> > having boxes for the sake of having boxes. The propane is already well
> > contained; the trick is securing that round shape. Most folks don't know
> > how to deal with those - except perhaps by re-boxing them into a "more
> > convenient" shape - and thus the (rather expensive and bulky)
> > "solution". Not for me.
>
> To be fair, even my L-shaped support/clamp has a box associated with it.

Oh, I don't have a problem with boxes as such (what would that be,
Euclidophobia? :) It's the... well, let's call them less-than-graceful
solutions to problems that make me itchy. Besides, to me those boxes
look ugly.

> It's a very functional box in that it keeps the elements the hell off my
> solenoid, so that the solenoid continues to work, and I'm spared
> freezing and starvation if it seizes closed, or being blown to
> smithereens if it seizes open (or perhaps a combination of the two if
> its housing ruptures/leaks...)

Heavens to Murgatroyd! All that, for the low, low price of simply
omitting a box??? ... But wait, there's more! Not only do you get all of
the above, but we'll also throw in a free - YES, FREE! - set of Ginsu
knives!!!

...Um, sorry, triggered a childhood memory. Too much watching Channel 52
in L.A. in the 70s, I guess. Got a post-doc-level course in American
culture out of it, but... there are some remaining side effects. :)

Ben
--
                       OKOPNIK CONSULTING
        Custom Computing Solutions For Your Business