On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 12:33:04AM -0400, Ben Okopnik wrote:
> I've seen similar arrangements, and like the idea quite a bit; unfort,
> what I've seen is 1) painted steel, which will chip and rust, and 2)
> stainless, which is beautiful and *stupid* expensive. I might end up
> just welding one up, if I can figure out the measurements. A single wide
> hook at the bottom plus a 40" over-center clamp, with the whole thing
> clamped to an upright on the pushpit sounds just right.

Yep, this one's one of them stupid expensive stainless units. Were I in
the market for one now, I'd probably just make my own and save a decent
pile of cash, but at the time I didn't have the tools (or skills) handy
yet, and was too damned busy already renovating the galley to accept the
oven and stove that the propane was installed for (and plumbing in the
gas lines, and...)

> > I don't have a working camera right now, or I'd take pictures for you.
> > If I get a break in the next few days, I may try and either make you a
> > drawing, or identify the manufacturer..
>
> A pic and measurements would be awesome. Thanks, Kris!

Measurements will have to wait at least a week until I get back home,
but I got a friend to take some pictures recently, and she posted them
at:

https://picasaweb.google.com/117029964194705003009/Propane?authkey=Gv1sRgCJzP16nUoOvRuAE&feat=email

(And yes, that's a 1lb bottle hanging from the BBQ in spite of the
apparently-disused Y on the tank's valve. The tank-BBQ hose got leaky
recently, and I still wanted to grill things, so I pulled out one of the
emergency spare bottles that are supposed to be for hooking to the
"steak saver")

Cheers,
Kris

--