Le 24/08/2010 06:26, Elizabeth Krumbach a écrit :
> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 8:55 PM, Darcy Casselman
> <dscassel+ubu...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> The city chapter is responsible for getting people involved, running
>> cool events and having fun promoting Ubuntu.
>> The national LoCo is responsible for reporting to the council,
>> publicizing what the chapters are doing and maintaining an online
>> presence.  And encourage the creation of new chapters as much as
>> possible.
>>
> Absolutely! This is what has worked really well thus far for the two
> teams I've been a part of, California and Pennsylvania, it's all about
> having regional teams (formal or informal, all my experience has been
> very informal) of folks who plan things in their area.
>
> In addition to covering overhead administrative tasks, it's helps
> smaller areas outside of major metropolitan areas (which may not ever
> get big enough to be "approved" teams on their own) get resources,
> inspiration and publicity. The anchor cities like Los Angeles and San
> Francisco in my LoCo may be the most active, but it's inspiring for
> folks in other areas to do events if they're seeing other things
> happen in the state or country. Additionally I really like that I just
> need to follow the resources of one team for everything in my state in
> case I'm doing "local" travelling, plus I'm happy to support an event
> by a small regional team a couple hours away if they need some help or
> a speaker, I imagine this is even more important for non-English
> speaking teams.

Hi,

My Point of view, loco ubuntu-fr

Our internet activities are worlwide, with the french documentation, the
french forum, the mailing lists, the irc channels, ...

Our events organised "officially" by us are only in France Metropolitan
Paris and Toulouse because we have core team members in these cities.

Our events where we go to hold a both, a webcafe or whatever are
everywhere in France Metropolitan.

We promote every Ubuntu related events in France too, the France
Metropolitan and overseas regions, organised by the Lugs and the ubuntu
regional lugs. We already have ubuntu-lyon, ubuntu-dijon, and we are
creating ubuntu-paris. Most of the Lugs are 90% ubuntu users. Most of
the lugs contribute to ubuntu or the ubuntu-fr community. But they don't
need (they don't want) to have the official status because we already
have this status, they are ubuntu-fr also.

We provide to every one goodies, live CDs (our edition francophone),
stickers, ... when they need to theyr events. They use also our forum,
we promote them, we incite them to do things, most for the releases like
release party or big ubuntu party.

Next step is to promote all these ubuntu-CITY groups, Lugs, and offer
them more visibility on our website, in the same model you are doing for
the loco teams.

Why ? Because users need this. Users want to have face to face contacts,
to share, to help others, to promote Ubuntu where they are. Helping them
create a little group, is the better way to do this. By the time this
little group can do events, install fests, what they want.

I don't know if it's really needed to have "official" city teams. It's
just how we work here.

YoBoY