Good conversations and information here. Thanks everyone who has taken
the time to share their perspectives.

At the risk of sounding like a broken Rush record from the 70's played
with a very cheap cartridge...

We still don't seem have a crisp Problem Statement. We don't write code
without a Blueprint or a spec, do we?

Or, do we? ;)

This is the Problem Statement that I propose we work on ASAP. (Chosen
from the list of 4 that were tossed around yesterday on the list). Note
that I am but one lone voice in a city situated in a Canadian temperate
rainforest so this might not precisely match your vantage point:

++ *Proposed* Problem Statement: ++
"LoCo's are not local enough". We need to create an
environment/ecosystem where truly local communities are encouraged to
form and where the barriers to formation are as low as possible. We need
to send a clear signal to Ubuntu users worldwide that they should strive
to (intentiaonally) meet their Ubuntu neighbours and partner with them
in advocacy, support, and the enjoyment of Ubuntu. We need clear
language that the formation of truly local LoCo's is not only
acceptable, but also highly desirable and urgent. We need to be ready to
nurture truly local communities (when they need us) in ways that make
sense locally.

++ *Proposed* Goal: ++
100 truly local LoCo's (at the city/town level) by the end of the
Narwhal cycle. (April 2011).

Does this work? I'm happy to Blueprint this for UDS-N with further input
from you. I can't promise to write the code though. My Mono and C#
skills are more than a bit rusty ;)

Cheers,
Randall
Ubuntu Vancouver LoCo