Frankly, Gary, I don't understand the hesitation.
We started talking about a 2.0 GA release six months ago. Surely that
should have been enough time to familiarize yourself with the APIs and
raise any concerns.

I understand that the 2.0 release is a big step but I also agree with
Christian that if unforeseen issues come up we can address them in upcoming
releases. (And if we find we've made a terrible mistake and need an API
change, then so be it...)

How about everyone marks outstanding Jira tickets that they really want to
address before the 2.0 release (with the issue target version), and release
the 2.0 GA when these are all fixed?