Jason,

I added a contribs/ directory to the log4j CVS module. I hope that it will work out as
well as in the Turbine project. Cheers, Ceki

At 11:25 14.02.2001 -0500, you wrote:

>In Velocity we have a whiteboard directory, but things that have
>been whiteboarded have been managed by a committer. The majority
>of the time the items being whiteboarded are done so by
>committers. But the whiteboard directory can be kept away
>from the compile and it's been my experience that items
>being whiteboarded are usually either dumped or moved
>into the project relatively quickly because the item
>is in demand.
>
>I think if the JDBCAppender was thrown in a whiteboard
>directory we could all get a look at it and comment.
>I like this method, and I don't think the whiteboard
>will get out of control. There is usually only a couple
>things in the whiteboard at a time and I think something
>like a JDBCAppender will get enough attention that it
>can be made solid enough to put in the package in a
>short period of time.
>
>jvz.

----
Ceki Gülcü           e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (preferred)
av. de Rumine 5              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CH-1005 Lausanne
Switzerland            Tel: ++41 21 351 23 15