-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Ed Soniat [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 20. November 2001 16:54
An: Log4J Users List
Betreff: RE: JDBCAppender

First off the JDBCAppender is not included in the jar for the
distribution.

I have tried two JDBCAppenders, Kevin Steppe (found in the distribution
in contribs/KevinSteppe) and one referenced on the log4j web page found
at http://support.klopotek.de/log4j/jdbc/default.htm.

I find Kevin Steppe easier to use and setup.

Move the JDBC appender into the log4j vaira directory and rebuild the
jar file.

>> WHAT do you mean with that?
Here is an example config entry excerpt I use with Kevin's appender,
note I did not put
the appender in the log4j vaira directory but moved it to my own log
package.  This is not the complete xml.

 <appender name="EVENT_JDBC"
class="com.nsaglobal.log.JDBCAppender.JDBCAppender">
       <!-- 1. Options for connecting to the database. -->
       <param name="URL" value="jdbc:mysql://mysqlserver/Beta" />
       <param name="user" value="testuser" />
       <param name="password" value="testpassword" />
       <param name="sql" value="INSERT INTO logTest ( created_on , msg ,
level) VALUES ('%d', '%m' , '%c{1}')" />
   </appender>

   <root>
       <priority value ="debug" />
       <appender-ref ref="STDOUT" />
       <appender-ref ref="EVENT_JDBC" />
   </roo>t

Feel free to write me directly if you need further assistence with
getting started with the
JDBCAppender

Ed