Ceki,

- This is what we want to do:
We have several Session EJB's on Websphere. Each one of them have to log to
its own log file. Because we don't want to use java.io we want to log via
sockets.

- This is how I first tried to do the above:
I used SocketAppender in each one of the EJB's and called cat.info(). The
socketServer (with RollingFileAppender in its config file) recieved the
messages and logged to only one file. It worked well, besides that it logged
everything in the same file and not on seperate files. (On log file per
EJB).

- Then I tried to do this (expanding SocketServer And SocketNode):
I know that SocketServer can log to different files, but thats based on the
client IP adress. If there exist a config file in the configDir it uses
that. I have changed that behavior so that it now looks at the category that
originally did send the message to it and look for a file that matches the
category (for example a file traceCat.lcf for category traceCat). I have one
category per EJB.

Any comments?
Will this way of solving my problem cause any trubble in the future?

Thanks in advance...

Regards
/Atay