Atay,

As long as you can guarantee that you have one category across a SessionBean it should
work but I am afraid you cannot guarantee that. You did not specify if you wanted to
separate logging per session bean type or session bean instance or both. It does not
matter actually.

The logging code of XSessionBean and YSessionBean can be in categories x and y but you
cannot guarantee that the code  called by the session beans will be in x or
respectively y. Do you see what I mean?

One approach is to use NDCs to separate logging output. Cheers, Ceki

Ceki Gülcü