On 2011-08-12, Tasos Vogiatzoglou wrote:

> I had submitted a patch about building log4net for 2010 (.NET 4 Client
> profile and .NET 4) which also fixes an issue in the UdpAppender.

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4NET-296

There are a few indentation changes and the rest should be straight
forward to apply.  I may give a NAnt build for client profile a try at
one point.  NAnt doesn't specifically mention it would support the
client profile as target, though.

Is the one line fix in IPAddressConvert all that is needed for
UdpAppender?  If so we could do with conditional compilation here (use
GetHostByName for frameworks prior to 2.0 and GetHostEntry  for
framework 2.0+) and push that into 1.2.11.

Stefan