On 2011-08-13, Dominik Psenner wrote:

> On 08/13/2011 06:34 AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>>> For each of them we have to:
>>>  * see if the patches are not fixed already
>>>  * see if they fit into the current latest tip (trunk)
>>>  * revise if they include sane changes
>>>  * determine if they should be included in the upcoming release

>> If you do any of these, could you note it as a comment inside the
>> corresponding JIRA tickets?  This would reduce the chance of people
>> duplicating work.

> Sure thing. Can we place some other comments somewhere so that others
> can find out that there's a repository they could actually work on?

We could do so, but right now I'd be happy if we could get to work
within the existing processes - patch attached to JIRA, commit to svn -
any time soon.

I'd really hope there will be lots of "others" but so far I'm not
convinced we'll be overwhelmed by new contributors.  I'd love to be
proven wrong.

> I'm afraid I don't have the time to actually hack on log4net.

See ;-)

> But I could help with what I'm good at: lever some of the major data
> migration work to smooth the way for others that need a repository.

Many thanks for that.

Stefan