On Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 06:50:59AM -0500, Dave Cross wrote:

> This is all a fine plan, but it doesn't prevent external people from
> achiving us in the same way that mail-archive do. I really don't think
> there's a foolproof way to prevent it.

I doubt that's a serious problem.

I assume that someone deliberately added mail-archive's bot to the
list, because mail-archive certainly don't hunt down lists themselves.

If we have an explicit "no public archives" policy then presumably
people will have the decency to honour it, and not subscrive archive
bots to the list.

 .robin.

--
Flee to me, remote elf!