At Fri, 26 Jan 2001 10:59:34 -0000, "Robert Shiels" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I never say anything I wouldn't stand by on any list, but as the
> search engines get better, more people than I'd like will have access
> to what I say. How many of you who have discussed drug use would like
> their parents/children reading that you were a complete pothead at
> university :-)

Well, not so much parents/children - but the fact that potential clients
might find my opinions on certain subjects is a bit worrying. I think
I once lost a job at a bank because they saw the page on BAe on my
website.

> So I'm all for the (void) approach. we have an archive it's
> accessable by a simple username/password.

This is all a fine plan, but it doesn't prevent external people from
achiving us in the same way that mail-archive do. I really don't think
there's a foolproof way to prevent it.

Dave...