At Fri, 26 Jan 2001 09:23:17 -0000, Mike Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Why don't we make our own archive and ask mail-archive.com to stop
> doing their thing? Then we have control of what is published and
> everyone's happy...

I don't think that mail-archive would be amenable to removing the
archive. Their FAQ says that they don't delete stuff from their
archives.

Also, in the general case this doesn't help us. There's nothing to
stop anyone subscribing a mail-reaper to the list at any time.
mail-archive's bot is obvious as it's called [EMAIL PROTECTED], but they
don't need to be so easy to spot.

Best idea that I came up whilst thinking about it last night was to
configure majordomo to automatically add an 'X-No-Archive' header to
all mails on the list. But even that only avoids archives that play by
the rules.

Dave...