On Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 12:16:46PM +0000, Jonathan Stowe wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Jan 2001, Greg McCarroll wrote:
>
> > how about if we notified the list everytime someone subscribed or
> > unsubscribed
>
> This can be done ver', ver' easily - It would also have the positive
> benefit of breaking the ice for nervous lurkers.
>
> If no-one objects I will put this in place this weekend.  I guess it will
> result in ~ 10 excess messages a week.

FWIW, I would rather not receive such messages.  I already get enough
subscription/unsubscription notices.  However, if you put in a suitable
header I can have procmail kill them for me.

--
David Cantrell | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

   Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced