On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, David Cantrell wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 03:09:42PM +0000, Matthew Byng-Maddick wrote:
> > On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Dave Cross wrote:
> > > I've just seen a downside to the "no non-standard modules" rule, which is
> > > that we'll have to send all mail by piping to sendmail. And that really
> > > hits your cross-platform compatibility.
> > Why is this a problem? /usr/lib/sendmail is the published interface.
> And for those unfortunate enough to be using Windows?

Then are they going to be running an SMTP listener? If so, where?

What happens if a temporary failure means that you can't deliver the
message? You'll lose mail. :( Ugh.

MBM

--
Matthew Byng-Maddick   Home: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  +44 20  8980 5714  (Home)
http://colondot.net/   Work: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> +44 7956 613942  (Mobile)