On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 07:08:13PM +0100, Paul Mison wrote:
> On 17/09/2001 at 18:31 +0100, Jasper McCrea wrote:
>
> >Jaws
>
> Oh dear, the flipside to Star Wars and one of the movies that started
> turning Hollywood from being critically acclaimed, risk-taking, albeit
> commercially unsuccessful to a popcorn-satisfying
> 'vertically-integrated' lowest common denominator pleasing blockbuster
> factory, producing summer 'blockbusters' of increasing explosion count
> and less and less acting talent.

Having had to examine this for editing class (see comments on godfather
1 elsewhere), I have to say this is a rather good film.  *Unlike* the
Godfather, I don't think that's necessarily obvious without somewhat
close examination.

dha
--
David H. Adler - <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - http://www.panix.com/~dha/
Freedom ain't nothing but a word, ain't nothing but a word.  Let me