FLAME ON

You are quite right and at the same thing quite wrong.

We all have ideas about how people should post but our chances of
imposing them on others is quite impossible.

This fallacy is particularly popular amongst programmer who are used
to computers (which do what they say) rather than people (who
generally don't).  Lets face it computers are better than people in at
least this aspect.  Computers don't come into work with headaches or
hangovers or whatever and send off flames.

You are really wasting your time (as I am in my reply) and noone will
ever take your advice which is excellent and quite correct. The
solution does not come from patronizing lectures in netiquette, which
we have seen many times before, but rather the delete key and
killfiles for the worse offenders.

Noone is without sin on this and we all fall into the
"buffy/beer/linux/my editor is kewl" school of tedious oneliners
sometimes.  Some even seem to delight in this.  People are different
so deal with it.

BTW please edit your subject header to be more relevent to the topic
as suggested in RFC 1855 ;-)

FLAME OFF

--
1024/D9C69DF9 steve mynott [EMAIL PROTECTED]
those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are