On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 03:59:04PM +0100, David Cantrell wrote:
> What is not good is that the hyperlink takes you to a page which has all
> the footnotes for the entire chapter on it, so you have to scroll to find
> the right one.  What *should* happen is that the hyperlink should pop up
> the footnote over the top of the body text.  Bah.

Another way[1] is to have the footnote immediately below the paragraph
ini which it appears. This isn't so bad in practice and the most likely
course of action (you want to read it immediately afterwards) is well
served.

I think you can also include the footnote as a tool tip or similiar so
it appears on a mouseOver.

Paul

[1] I believe O'Reilly use this scheme in their HTML books.