Paul wrote:

   > I would like to say, and actually have been meaning to for a while, how
   > much I enjoy, yeah, not just use, but *enjoy* Text::AutoFormat.

I'm very glad (though I certainly wasn't fishing for compliments).

   > Its ability to (almost always) do the Right Thing is quite astonishing.

If there are cases where it could do the Thing Righter you should let me know.
The current ToDo list includes:

        * better control of renumbering
        * width=>N option
        * Unix<->DOS<->Mac EOL conversions
        * clever 8->7 bit mapping of special characters
        * user-configurable abbreviation and stop lists
        * honour POD
        * auto-detect-and-ignore Perl
        * auto-detect-and-perltidy Perl
        * fix unsatifactory handling of multi-letter plus period bullets
          (especially were its the last word of a sentence like
          this.)
        * handle mail headers and sigs (/^-- $.*/sm) nicely
        * locale-sensitivity
        * avoid rivers in justified text
        * configurable spacing after punctuation
        * auto-detect and preserve columns
        * better handling of hyphens

but I'd be glad to know of any other cases where the magic is less than
perfect.

Damian