Tony Bowden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 01:10:28PM +0000, Struan Donald wrote:
> > > 6 or more years in the "internet industry"??
> > well amazon started hiring in '94 so it's certainly possible.
> > improbable but not impossible :)
>
> Definitely not impossible, as I've been beneficially employed by the
> Internet since '95, but it's just quite am impressive thing to
> require...
>
> I really can't see any reason at all why it would be a requirement.

My guess is the potential employer was stung by a poor previous
employee who promised much and delivered little and they reacted by
overspecing the requirements (this is probably driven by one
particular person at the company).

I think its unlikely, even in the current job climate, they will get
what they want.

The position is likely to remain unfilled (does anyone know how long
its been advertised?) or they will have to decrease the requirements
or increase the salary.

--
Steve Mynott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>