* Jonathan Peterson ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> Tony Bowden wrote:
> >
> > I can understand that in terms of adding more skills, but adding length
> > of experience is strange. What would someone with 6 years experience
> > have over someone with 5? Or 4?
>
> Funnily enough I think experience counts for a lot in computer jobs. So
> much stuff (well, all of it really) is learnt on the job, that years on
> the job equates to knowledge to a large extent.

The problem with saying X years of experience, is that someone can
work in the same job for 10 years and not really gain 10 years of
experience but 1 year of experience 10 times over. It all depends what
your experience is made up of.

This employer has aimed high with 6 years experience, however I am
sure they are not going to turn away someone with 4 or 5 years of
really good experience.

Greg

--
Greg McCarroll                                 http://217.34.97.146/~gem/