On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 05:35:14PM +0000, Tony Bowden wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 01:10:28PM +0000, Struan Donald wrote:
> > > 6 or more years in the "internet industry"??
> > well amazon started hiring in '94 so it's certainly possible.
> > improbable but not impossible :)
> Definitely not impossible, as I've been beneficially employed by the
> Internet since '95, but it's just quite am impressive thing to
> require...

Likewise.  Not that I consider it impressive.  I'm rather embarrassed by
the shite I did in 1995.

> I really can't see any reason at all why it would be a requirement.

Maybe their geeks require cynical colleagues and couldn't get that past
manglement, so decided that you would *have* to be a cynical git if you
had that much experience.

> In fact if you posted any job ad like that in Northern Ireland you'd be
> a prime case for an investigation by the Fair Employment Comission as it
> would seem obviously tailored to a specific candidate, as you couldn't
> reasonably expect anyone else to meet the criteria...

I take it that a valid defence would be to prove that it was not
possible for *anyone* to have those skills ...

--
David Cantrell | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

     America delenda est