On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 09:41:01AM +0000, Jonathan Peterson wrote:

> Funnily enough I think experience counts for a lot in computer jobs. So
> much stuff (well, all of it really) is learnt on the job, that years on
> the job equates to knowledge to a large extent. I hired a (Java)

But even that needs qualification: I've had the good fortune :-P to meet
a couple of people[*1] with decades of IT experience who seemed to have
acquired <<nul points>> of wisdom in that time ...

> Still a dumb set of requirements, really, but I think experience is
> important.

If you mean experience that you've learned from, yes I total agree.

*1 Names supplied off-list if anyone is worried they'll employ them!
--
Chris Benson