On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 02:47:24PM +0100, David Cantrell wrote:
> On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 09:52:16PM +0000, the hatter wrote:
> > I'll happily donate one of my favourite 3C905s which I seem to be
> > accumulating.  And I'd assume you want AGP graphics, rather than PCI ?
>
> It's a server.  It needs not graphics, other than the bare minimum that
> broken PCs require before they'll boot.  A shitty old Tseng ISA card
> would be sufficient.

Do not put an ISA card in a machine. Generating ISA interrupts causes
bus slow-down IIRC and quite frankly any piece of hardware that is 10yr
old probably isn't something you want to be messing with. AGP cards
starting at 30q leaves no excuse for this recycling.

Paul

--
Paul Makepeace ....................................... http://paulm.com/

"What is abecaderian? Exactly!"