In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
David Cantrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Any OS, however, that doesn't run well in 128Mb is a broken OS in my
> opinion, and that 128Mb should include X.  Yes, Mac OS X, I'm criticising
> you twice in the same sentence there.

Although, to be fair, it does sound like their memory management needs
more than a little work...

...but I have 512M and staring at the spinning beachball of death happens
a lot more often than is reasonable.  My current favourite is opening
a directory containing 5 700M .mov/.avi's in Graphic Convertor's browser
and the G4 swapping for nigh on 10 minutes (thrashing the disk!), then
kernel panicking.  "The World's Most Advanced OS", indeed.  Perhaps not
"The World's Most Useful OS" though.

Bah, must stop ranting about OSX before 8am.
--
rob partington % [EMAIL PROTECTED] % http://lynx.browser.org/