From: "Mark Fowler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> No Credit Cards are taken downstairs, which isn't a problem as far as the
>
> They did this whole carrying cards upstrairs thinig for some of us (though
> not blech and Kake, they obviously look like criminals.)  Not sure if
> they'd do it for the mass of people we ar at a meeting.

Forgive my paranoia, but I wouldn't let my card out of my sight in such a
place - the opportunity for someone to surreptitiously skim it is too
great - sure, most people aren't criminals - but the inconvenience of being
caught out even once would be a major hassle.

One of the things I've noticed in recent months, using a Cahoot card, is
that in a lot of places they have to manually enter the number, and, in
others, use a chipreader (built in to their terminal) rather than a
swipereader - presumably to make it impossible to use any old card with
skimmed details on the magnetic strip.

Andrew.