* Leo Lapworth ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> It wasn't perfect by any means, though personally I prefer
> it to the CoY. As has been mentioned it'd be nice to have
> a place with out side for the summer months.

Out of interest what were the spirits like? One small downside to the
CoY is that it uses cheapo house brand spirits, not so bad for GnT but
not so good for a wee dram of scotch. However in the big picture of
things this is all fairly minor.

One idea might be to do a very slow ``pub crawl'' along the river,
during the summer months that way everybody is happy at least one of
the months. The Anchor fans get to mourn what has become of their once
beloved pub (I still havent been), the youngs fans get to enjoy their
double chocolate stout, and so on.

Naturally each month someone will be unhappy, perhaps the current pub
du mois will only provide chips with mayonaise as opposed to chips
with salsa, but at least they can be commiserated with the fact that
it will be a different pub next month.

Parallel to this little tour the tireless efforts of our
``researchers'' can continue, looking for the perfect pub for when the
the long crazy days of summer draw to a close.

Greg

p.s. Month is probably the opposite gender of day and Leon can now
laugh at my incompetence.

--
Greg McCarroll                         http://www.mccarroll.org.uk/~gem/
                                   jabber:[EMAIL PROTECTED]