On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 05:55:20PM +0100, Simon Wistow wrote:
> On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 05:45:06PM +0100, Natalie S. Ford said:
> > Just a pity the food is so awful - i can always eat in transit to the pub
> > though...
>
> And the beer.
>
> Disregarding handpulled or not was it a deliberate move to use another
> Sam Smith's pub or just a coinckydinks?

coinckydinks, I suggested it because:

- it was cheap (1.60 a pint), cheaper than CoY

- central London

- did food that was more than just chips and dips.
I'd had the chicken and chips there which was fine so didn't
know that the rest of the food was a bit naff, though we didn't
try the snacky foods and 'traditional' pub grub.

- had a big enough cellar, that didn't echo when people talked.

I'm not a beer expert, in fact didn't even notice that it wasn't
hand pulled (I appologies to the beer gurus out there).

It wasn't perfect by any means, though personally I prefer
it to the CoY. As has been mentioned it'd be nice to have
a place with out side for the summer months.

Leo