On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 01:24:22PM +0100, Jonathan Peterson wrote:
> My company needs some security policies and procedures documentation.
>
> I have no intention of reducing my own sanity by actually sitting down
> to write all this. So, does anyone know of any freelancers or cheap

Good move :-) A few years ago (maybe ~10 :-() There was a package on the
net that provided a canned best-practice AUP, with some tools (shell
scripts) to ensure new users read-and-confirmed the AUP and recorded
their acceptance.

It was written by the MD of a small company to save him explaining
things over and over and thrown open for all to use and extend.

I've just been Googling for it without success: I thought it had a
snappy acronym, but can't find it now ...

http://www.eff.org/CAF/  (in the Archives section) has some notes about
policies.
--
Chris Benson