    Alex> Ok ok, nothing to do with perl, sorry folks, A friend who
    Alex> lives a few miles away got burgled yesterday and lost her
    Alex> computer and other stuff. So I am re-evaluating the physical
    Alex> security of my computers in my house. (I also lost my PDA and
    Alex> phone last week when a driver left it at Kuala Lumpar airport,
    Alex> grrrr).

Heh.  And I got up and started to walk off the tube this morning to have
someone poke me to tell me I'd left my phone on the seat; it had fallen
out of my pocket.  People plus-plus, etc.

    Alex> Do people recommend those glue on rings and the equivalent of
    Alex> bike chains?

Sounds like a good idea..

    Alex> (I trust that this isn't inviting me to be burgled... is this
    Alex> mailing list archived publicly and would a burglar use it to
    Alex> find properties?)

Yes, it's archived publically.  The corollary seems a little too
paranoid, though.

    Alex> PS Sorry I missed the technical meeting last night - I see
    Alex> that Paul failed to persuade anyone to review the Peer to Peer
    Alex> book, or the Make your own Music Videos book :-)

He did try.  I think most of the group was cycling back, and didn't have
anything to carry them in.  :)

- Chris.
--
$a="printf.net";  Chris Ball | chris@void.$a | www.$a | finger: chris@$a
 "Blessings to the chap who invented ice cream, ginger-pop and the rest!